Role in Eye Donation
In order to combat the corneal blindness every citizen and organization has a role to play in spreading awareness about eye donation.
Propagate Eye Donation
You can spread the message of eye donation amongst the public.
If you are a student talk about eye donation:
- Among your friends and neighbours
- In your college / school celebrations
- Make it as an activity in the NCC / NSS programmes
If you are a social entrepreneur, talk about eye donation:
- In the village / town celebrations
- Among the Self Help Groups
- Among Hospital / Industrial Personnel
- Print stickers with eye donation messages
- Advertise eye donation messages in local TV channels
- Put up eye donation messages in Vinyl boards
- Celebrate eye donation rally in your villages and towns
- Whenever a death occurs in your society get the consent of the family of the deceased and inform the nearest eye bank
Remember, when you pledge to donate your eyes or motivate another person for the same, you are helping bring light to the lives of two visually challenged people thereby providing them a better life.
- If you want to see the world after your death, pledge your eyes. Indicate your wishes by signing the pledge card. (Become a donor now!)
- Take your donor Card wherever you travel.
- Share your decision with your family and friends.
Make a Charitable Contribution
Majority of the blindness affects young victims mostly women and children. The diseased cornea must be replaced by clear donor cornea. But the cost associated with procurement, maintaining standards in processing the tissue and transplantation could be met only through your generous donation as EBSR works mainly on donations.
Your contribution will encourage us to provide our services free of cost in Govt. Hospitals to those who cannot afford the healthcare costs associated with corneal transplantation. The EBSR is to maintain professional facilities by engaging well trained counselors, technicians, doctors who need periodical training and up-gradation.
Therefore, your generous contribution is welcome, which will be used to:
- Bring light to the sightless poor and underprivileged
- Promote awareness about eye donation
- Train eye bank technicians and corneal surgeons to take the mission forward.
Please make your cheque in the name of "Eye Bank Society of Rajasthan" Mail to the following address:
Eye Bank Society of Rajasthan, Mobile Surgical Unit Campus, Moti Doongri Road, Jaipur-302004.
Donations made in favour of EBSR are entitled to get income tax exemption under the Section 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961.